Thursday 24 March 2011

It’s Alive!! Alive, I tell you…

This morning, as is my custom every other Thursday, I dragged my weary, crumpled derriere out of my budoir, boiled the kettle for my morning sustenance & proceeded to log on to the internet to check the bank. The aforementioned, other Thursday being PAYDAY, the best-est day of the fortnight (need I say more?).
Anyhoo, I do digress...whilst logged on, bleary-eyed, hardly awake, taking alternate sucks of caffeine & nicotine, I decided to check my Blog. I played with it re-designed it last night & wanted to see if it still floated my boat was asthetically pleasing (nothing to do with me wanting to check it out, as I was thrilled to bits to have written it)...I SWEAR! Well, maybe just a little :)

Lo & behold, I had a follower & comments! Ooooh, was my immediate reaction & as every good sticky nose female does at 7am, of course I read what others had written…
I felt, umm, for want of a better word, accepted? Appreciated? People had taken time out to consider ME! Perfect strangers & a VERY supportive cousin had made me feel fantastic & listened to ME, making me feel all growed-up, like a big girl lol.

Is this the feeling amongst the Blogging community I wondered? The reason everyday folk continue to write their thoughts, feelings, dramas, hopes, dreams, successes & failures? I felt GREAT!! ALIVE even!

My spirits were high all day. I let work colleagues read what I had written (they did ask) & received nothing but positive feedback (well of course they’d be nice, I know where they work, hehe) & requests to send them the link to read further posts. I have refrained from posting the link publicly on Facebook, as if & when I blow my stack (& I will), I really don’t wish my kids to be privy to my attack of the vapours.

ALIVE, I tell you, ALIVE!!!

Even the rain, frizzy hair, pre-work doctor’s appointment, after work shopping, physio appointment & power black out didn’t dampen my spirits today.

Methinks this could be a good thing, a wee bit addictive even, because it makes me feel.....

ALIVE!!! :oD

2 comments:

  1. Woot!!!

    And, yep, that is what is so addictive about blogging, the generous outpouring of support and friendship from others :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he he, it was fun to come back and find a completely different visual behind your blog.
    Glad you are having fun.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Single mum of four. Three teenagers (18, 16 & 14) & a pre-pubescent 11 year old. I work in a primary school as an Integration Aide by day & work at home as a mother, financier, chef, cleaner, tutor, confidant, guide & disciplinarian by night. So far, kids are at home at night, not on the streets, no drug habits, or teen pregnancies, elder two hold down jobs & younger three are still at school. Fingers crossed, I'm doing something right!