Wednesday 23 March 2011

Why, why, why Delilah?

With these few short words, I have just lost my Blog virginity. The first time for anything, THEY (who ARE THEY?) say, should be special, so I have overthought, or in my own vernacular, overTHUNKED exactly what to write & came up with, well to be honest....FAR TOO MUCH!

I want to include this & that, make myself appear witty, clever, articulate & everything else I admire in hard-core Bloggers. Do I document the frolicky, whismsical banter which has popped in & out of my mind over the last few weeks, as I considered starting out on this journey, or remain serious & sensible?  Do I write about work/family/problems/opinions or even that mysterious rash which occasionally appears....? Now that the time has come, I got....NUFFIN!

Truth be told, I have reached the conclusion that I just have to be myself & spew forth/vent my spleen/bemoan write whatever is on my mind on any given day & see where the journey takes me...

Why, may readers (if anyone reads this) ask, did I start the journey? Let me explain... It was a warm summer night, in ancient Greece...(thanks Sheldon - Big Bang Theory for that starter). Just kidding :) Quite simply, I have LOADS to say! I wish I could blast the bejesus out of people over Facebook, but hey, my kids/schoolfriends/work colleagues/adopted kids are on there & writing evil, childish remarks about people they know just is soooo not cool. Just because they all do it, doesn't mean I can, right? Bahahaha, or can I?

I needed a release, a place to blow my top, lambaste the world in general, write the wrongs & contemplate my navel. To see the beauty around me, be absorbed in the goodness of my children & to be greatful for what I have. Then, to send all the negative out into cyber-god-knows-where to set it free...

So it begins.

5 comments:

  1. Yes!
    YES!
    YES!!!!!
    Glad to see you finding your voice at long last and I look forward to reading your posts :D
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Navels are wonderfully insightful things. Plus contemplating them can only enhance you flexibility. Unless you cheat and use a mirror.
    Welcome to the blogging world and I hope you have a lot of fun here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why thank you! My navel being the inny, not fluffy variety, I'm sure to have fun... :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ro told me to visit. Looking forward to reading about your navel ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very privileged to be here at the start, then. Out of a big bang comes another new blog! Your reasons were exactly as mine, when I started mine 6 years ago and had SO MUCH to say.

    Good on you. You're going to love it, I can tell :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Single mum of four. Three teenagers (18, 16 & 14) & a pre-pubescent 11 year old. I work in a primary school as an Integration Aide by day & work at home as a mother, financier, chef, cleaner, tutor, confidant, guide & disciplinarian by night. So far, kids are at home at night, not on the streets, no drug habits, or teen pregnancies, elder two hold down jobs & younger three are still at school. Fingers crossed, I'm doing something right!